Monday, December 8, 2014

My Apologies...

Wow, I can't believe a month has gone by since I have last posted! My sincerest apologies for not writing sooner! It has been such a busy month; I can't even begin to explain how jam-packed my schedule has been over the last few weeks.

So what have I been up to lately? Well...

I have spent the last few weeks studying, doing homework, and writing papers. Yes, I know- that is pretty much all I do. I've also gone to some club meetings and managed some events for those clubs, which has been a lot of fun.

But really, what else have I done? What have I accomplished this semester?

Honestly, I have accomplished so much. And I am not even talking about school. I am talking about me.

I have learned that I am not something to be treated lightly. I am a human being that is not just worthy, but worthy of great things.

I have learned that I deserve great friends, love, and happiness.

I have learned that people can be deceiving, and that they will show you their true colors (for better or for worse) if you give them enough time.

I have learned that people can be rude, inconsiderate, and mean. But once you decide that you are done with their "mess," you don't have to take it anymore. And make sure to forgive yourself for taking it at all previously.

I have learned that the only person you need to worry about is yourself- no one else is going to look after you the way you will, so be sure to take extra good care of yourself.

I have learned that taking ownership of your life is the best thing you can possibly do for yourself, because once you decide to take the reigns, there are no limits to where you can go.

I know, I know- CLEARLY, a lot has happened, so much that if I decided to chronicle absolutely everything that happened in the past month, I would be writing until I'm an old woman! So I am giving you the condensed version- I am giving you what it took me so long to learn, so that way you don't have to learn the hard way like I did (yet again!).

If there is one line that I think sums up how I feel right now, it's from Mary J. Blige's new song, "Therapy," off of her new album The London Sessions. In the opening lines of the song, Blige sings, "Why would I spend the rest of my days unhappy?/Why would I spend the rest of this year alone?"

Honestly- why would me, you, or anyone else want to spend our days unhappy? Or with people that don't make us happy? Why would we want to be alone? Or with people that make us feel alone? I know I don't, believe me.

So take it from me; don't take anyone's "mess," and go do what makes you happy and what makes you come alive.

Thanks for sticking with me!

-That Reflective University Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment