Thursday, January 2, 2014

Top Five College Necessities

Hello 2014! Now that I had some time to reflect on 2013, I realized that there are certain things that were a big help in my first semester of college. So if you are thinking that you should start buying things to put away for next fall when you start college, here is a good list of basics to have. I present to you, my dear readers, my top five college necessities: 1. A Good Bedding Set: I know this is a no-brainer, but you would be amazed at how many people spend a lot of money for just sheets and a comforter. I bought my bedding at Bed, Bath and Beyond for only $99. Yes, $99 is not pocket change, but I got so much with my set. I got a comforter, sheets, a pillowcase, a decorative sham, a foam mattress topper, a pillow, two towels, and the whole set came in a storage organizer. Everything is good quality, and the set overall was definitely worth the money. 2. Rain Boots: Whether you are a girl or a guy, you need a shoe that is going to be weather-resistant. If you are looking for high quality, yet affordable rain boots (or weather-proof boots), my favorite site is 6pm.com. They offer a wide variety of brands and sizes for percentages off MSRP prices. This is a great place to update your wardrobe for college! 3. An Ethernet Cable: Some people will read this and say "What is an ethernet cord???" But this is one of the most important things to bring! Campus wireless internet is notoriously not-so great, so it important that while you are in your dorm room, you have a stable connection to the internet. I promise- it will be so worth it bring this with you! 4. A Locking Storage Container: Another no-brainer, but definitely a necessity! I have one of these in my room to keep all of my important things that are worth being under lock and key. Unfortunately, you can't trust everyone, so it's a good idea to have something that locks to keep all of your personal items safe! 5. Fans: This is one of the most important items on this list. Dorm rooms can get incredibly hot and stuffy, and there is rarely air conditioning in freshmen dorms. Bring a box/window fan with you to help bring in air from the outside. It is helpful to have more than one fan so that you can "air out" all corners of the room- I highly recommend a desk fan or two to help with the heat in your future dorm! I hope you've enjoyed my top five list! If you have any other suggestions, good ideas, or questions, leave me a comment! And don't forget to follow me on twitter @universitygirl5 and right here on my blog by entering your email address in the box on the top right corner of my page! Thanks for reading! -That Helpful University Girl =)

No comments:

Post a Comment