Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring into Fashion

Welcome to spring everyone! After a long, LONG winter, we have finally arrived at spring! This is such an exciting time for so many reasons! The obvious reason? Summer vacation is coming! And if you remember one of my last posts, you know how much I can't wait for summer to come! And my other favorite part? Spring clothes! I have so many favorite trends for the spring, and I can't wait to test them out! So, let's talk fashion everyone!

My first favorite trend is a trend in color: pastels. Pastels include colors such as mint, lavender, light pink, pale yellow, and sky blue, among other colors. These colors are subtly vibrant and just exciting enought to gradually add some color into your wardrobe. One of my favorite websites to look at for pastel clothing is Lulus.com, which has a wide variety of pastel items to choose from, ranging from dresses, tops, and pants to even jewelry and clutch purses if you don't want to jump fully into the trend.

One trend that I love no matter the time of year is black and white. This trend is becoming more and more prevalent, which makes me so excited! It's such a clean, classic trend to wear, and it can be worn throughout all seasons. There are a few stores that I love for all things black and white, the obvious choice being White House Black Market, which is known for its black and white attire. The next store I adore is Express. This store also has very classic, yet modern pieces for both business and casual occasions. Just as an example of one of the items I bought from Express was a black and white barrel purse in a colorblock pattern- its such a refreshing, classic piece that could not only be used in spring, but all year round.

Whether these two trends appeal to you as things you absolutely want to try for the spring or just as things you want to incorporate gradually into your wardrobe, they are definitely things worth looking for in the stores. You never know- something may catch your eye and find its way into your closet!

As always, don't forget to follow me on all social media platforms listed on the right side of the page, and also by typing in your email in the box in the top right corner of the page. Feel free to comment and share with your friends. Thanks for reading! -That Fashionable University Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment