Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Curse of the Singing Neighbors

If you are a reader that has been with me since last year, you may remember some of my stories about my singing neighbors. They would be up at 1 a.m. singing "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus at the top of their lungs, with zero regard for those who were trying to sleep. 

I thought that this year, since I am not their neighbors anymore, that maybe things would be different. That I wouldn't have singing neighbors, or neighbors that blast music whenever my roommate and I are trying to work or sleep. But alas, I was wrong. 

Yet again, I am faced with the problem of singing neighbors, which I think now that I have this problem for a second year in a row, can now be officially deemed a curse. Just last week, in the middle of one of the busiest weeks yet of this semester for both my roommate and me, our neighbors had (at least) 10 people in their room. They were singing, no screaming, Disney songs, and their shenanigans carried on well past midnight. 

Now, I love a good Disney song every now and then. As a matter of fact, I love Disney period. But if there is a time when I cannot stand a Disney song, it is when someone that I barely know with a group of people that I barely know is screaming it through a paper-thin wall when I am trying to either work or sleep.

This is turning into a real problem. How, HOW in the world did this happen to me again?!?! And how am I going to make it through another year with this?!?! How did I even manage it last year? And how am I going to keep myself from yelling at the cheerful chorus on the other side of my wall whenever they start their performances??

And yet, this is just a taste of all of the truly *wonderful* things that I am experiencing this year (note the heavy use of sarcasm in this sentence). I am not having a bad time, and I am certainly not miserable. But there are certain things that have been going on that do tend to make me more than a little irritated. Like the singing. Like the teachers that give enough work for a month and expect it to be done by their next class. You get my drift. 

I guess it's time for me to put my earbuds back in- I hear the neighbors warming up their vocal cords. And be aware; the curse of the singing neighbors may come to a campus near you!

Until Next Time,

That Irritated University Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment