Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fight Like a Girl (or a Guy!)

In my travels through the world wide web, I was scrolling through the pages of another blog that I follow. As I was sifting through the posts, this short blurb in the middle of the page caught my attention. The blurb turned out to be more of a complaint about something going on in the author's life, in which they expressed that "there is absolutely nothing" they can do about their present situation.

We have all felt this way at some point; I am sure each and every person in the world can recall some situation in which they felt completely hopeless, that they reached a dead-end road.

I certainly have felt this way at certain moments in my life, some of which have occurred during my time in college. However, there is something that I have learned- there is always another option, there is always somewhere left to turn at the end of the dead-end road.

First, I learned that in order to recognize opportunities, I have to be honest with myself. I have to honestly evaluate my efforts; if, in the process of doing this, I find that there were major faults in my previous actions that maybe led me into my current 'mess,' then I know that some serious changes need to take place within me before I can even attempt to move forward.

Once I figure what within me needs to be changed and I begin to change it, I am finally ready to examine what my next steps will be. Each plan contrived needs a contingency plan, so be sure to have back-up ideas for things that may not work. It's all trial and error; keep trying until something works!

Whether we hit a road-block in trying to land a dream job or struggle to find genuine friends, there are always options, different paths to getting what we want. Honestly, as someone who has been on both sides of this 'hopeless' versus 'hopeful' fence, I have learned that the only option (and the the option that will lead to other options) is to be hopeful. And once I understood that, the better able I was to take charge of the situation and push forward.

Now that I have been through that, I cannot say I have sympathy for those who merely "give up." I get it- it seems too hard, almost impossible to "fight back" to get what you want. But in all honesty, if what you supposedly want means absolutely ANYTHING at all to you, then it should be worth fighting for.

So suit up- put your armor on, and get ready for the battle. If you want it, get out there and fight. Because you know what? You can win.

-That Fighting University Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment